Recipe by papergoddess
Elegant, easy appetizer.
Top Review by shelteredcreature
This is divine and just what I was looking for. Like many others, I added extra garlic and some diced shallots instead of grated onion. I sauteed the garlic and diced shallots in a bit of butter and added the livers and cooked through in the pan, instead of boiling. I swapped brandy for the cognac, as it was all I had. The boiled eggs seemed like a really strange ingredient but now I understand the richnessthat the yolks lend and the silkiness that the whites add. This will be my go to pate recipe from here on out. I'd like to try it again with some sauteed shiitake mushrooms as well. Thank you for sharing this gem!
- 453.59 g chicken liver
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml grated onion (or more to taste)
- 1-2 clove garlic, mashed
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 29.58 ml cognac (optional)
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken livers in boiling water for about 7-10 minutes; drain well.
- Blend chicken livers with all other ingredients EXCEPT PARSLEY with hand mixer.
- Chill until firm; shape into a log and roll in parsley if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until served.