Recipe by Joanne M.
I had this in Portland Oregon. Came from a specialty store and I paid a lot for it! I knew I could make it cheaper after all, chicken livers are cheap! So I experimented until I found the perfect balance. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 container chicken liver, fat removed and drained
- 3 small shallots, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap. line bottom of pan with cracked pistachios.
- Fry Chicken Liver with Shallots and Thyme in 1/2 stick of butter until almost cooked. Add in Garlic. Cook until Liver is no longer pink. Remove from heat. Add Cognac/Brandy and let cook down. Add Nutmeg and 1 cube soft butter. Let butter melt down a bit. Add mixture to food processor and puree until smooth. Mix in a handful of whole, cracked pistachios. Add to loaf pan, cover and refrigerate until firm. Serve on top of toasted Crostini.