Recipe by Ferng
This is a quick, easy and delicious pate. I would recommend making it a few hours before consumption- it doesn't take too long!
- 450 g chicken livers
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 115 g butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 8 tablespoons double cream (heavy)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and fry the onions and garlic until soft.
- Trim any fatty bits from the chicken livers and dry them with a kitchen towel. Add them to the onions and fry for about 5 minutes until cooked.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Put this mixture into a food processor, add the tomato puree, cream and brandy. Season with salt and pepper, blend until smooth.
- Spoon into ramekins, cover and chill until set.
- Serve with toast and butter.