Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to put together, great with carrot sticks or on crusty bread! Make sure to chill in the fridge a few hours.
- 300 g chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 -2 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3 tablespoons hot water (as necessary)
- Boil liver for about 10mins until done. Break liver into pieces. It should not have any red in it.
- Combine liver and rest of ingredients in blender in batches until thoroughly blended.
- If mixture is a bit stickier than you like, add 2 or 3 T of hot water and blend to preference.
- Chill pate in serving bowl for 2 hours with freshly ground pepper on top as garnishing.