A very tasty appetizer that goes over very well at any party. The liver taste is hidden by the onion and Sherry. A Swedish friend helped me to develop this recipe.
- In a medium size saucepan, add water, chicken livers, sliced onion and bring to boil.
- The onion used in cooking the chicken livers absorbs and reduces the liver odor.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When cooked, drain, remove onions and discard.
- Cut away any hard muscle portions of the liver and discard.
- In a food processor or blender, add liver and Sherry and process until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion, butter, salt, pepper, mace and blend well.
- Remove pâté from food processor, form into a ball using 2 large spoons and place on a serving plate or platter.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- Serve with thinly sliced brown bread, rye crisp, crackers or chips.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.
My husband adores liver and he LOVED this pate. I made 1/3 of the recipe for a small dish as part of an appetiser platter and it was very nice with crackers.
this is a great,easy pate.I used brandy and added 1/8 tsp of allspice as well as the mace. In our house we refer to you as Uncle Tanoose like in the old Danny Thomas show. We have tried both your summer and Ukrainian borscht and they are great