A rustic, but impressive starter for a weekend lunch - spread onto toasted brioche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the livers of any green bits (these will be bitter) or sinews.
- 2Heat a knob of the butter in a large frying pan and gently fry the livers with the garlic, shallot, thyme and Chinese five-spice.
- 3Fry until the livers are browned but still soft when pressed, and pink (but not raw) in the middle.
- 4Tip the livers into a food processor. Whizz to a paste, then whizz in the remaining butter and cream.
- 5Push the mixture through a sieve - this is boring, but worth it for a really smooth texture. Season well.
- 6Divide the mixture between 6 small china or glass ramekins and smooth the surface.
- 7Melt the final 2oz butter in a pan and let the milk solids settle to the bottom.
- 8Put a sprig of thyme on top of each ramekin and pour a little butter over each. Chill to set.
- 9To serve, bring the parfaits up to room temperature and eat with toasted brioche buns.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Liver Parfaits
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 287.6 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder