- Bring cream to simmering point. Puree all other ingredients.
- Slowly pour in the cream, and pass through a fine chinois or sieve. Cook in a bain marie, in a suitable container, greased and cling filmed, for 35 - 40 minutes at 1800c or 3500f or gas mark 4.
- Chill, keeping tightly wrapped, to avoid oxidisation.
- Cut only as necessary, using a hot wet thin bladed sharp knife, to get a clear cut edge. Re wrap immediately after cutting.
- Serve with washed mixed leaves and melba toast - this is a tasty starter for the festive season, and can be made a couple of days in advance if it is wrapped well.