1/2 Photos of Chicken Liver Mousse
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
An excellent appetizer served with toast point or crackers and a glass of Boeujolais Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 teaspoons water-packed green peppercorns (divided)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1In a large saucepan or cooking pot, add water and bring to boil.
- 2Add black peppercorns, celery, and bay leaves.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Add chicken livers and cook gently for another 10 minutes.
- 5Drain, remove livers and set aside.
- 6In a small saucepan, heat butter, add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 7Transfer onion/garlic to a food processor.
- 8Add chicken, cognac, salt, thyme, allspice and four teaspoons of green peppercorns.
- 9Process until smooth.
- 10Pour in whipping cream, process until incorporated and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 11Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon of green peppercorns.
- 12Mold into small ramekins and refrigerate.
- 13Unmold before serving.
- 14Serve with toast points or crackers of your choice.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Liver Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 229.3 mg
- Sodium 640.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: