- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon lard
- 1 bigger chicken liver
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter or lard well, add finely chopped or scrapped liver 1 egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, chopped parsley and 1 whipped egg white.
- Mix all well and leave to stand for a while.
- Bring soup to the boil, turn the heat down, take up bit by bit of the prepared mixture with teaspoon and dip into the simmering soup.
- When the dumplings emerge to the surface, let them simmer, for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Chopped parsley can also be added to the soup.