Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful South German/Austrian soup; Also called "Leberklosse"
Make and share this Chicken Liver Dumpling Soup I (Leberklosse) recipe from Food.com.
- Chop parboiled chicken livers very fine.
- Combine with bread, egg yolks, butter, parsley, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into meat mixture.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Drop them into gently boiling stock.
- Simmer 6-8 minutes.
- Add additional parsley to stock for garnish.
This receipe is exactly the same as my mother used to make. I have made it and it is the only way I could get kids to eat liver. (don't tell them it is liver and they will love the soup)
This is a little-known traditional German dish that is a mouth-watering winter soup. I add a few more spices (dried basil, oregano, etc.) but that's not necessary.