- 1 lb chicken liver, parboiled for 5 minutes
- 2 slices white bread, torn into crumbs
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop parboiled chicken livers very fine.
- Combine with bread, egg yolks, butter, parsley, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into meat mixture.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Drop them into gently boiling stock.
- Simmer 6-8 minutes.
- Add additional parsley to stock for garnish.