My dogs love these treats. To speed preparation, I boil the entire container of chicken livers at once, puree them with a little oil in my food processor, and freeze in half-cup portions.
- Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl. Knead for 3 minutes.
- Chill 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll dough out approximately 1/2" thick and use cookie cutters to make shapes. Cookware stores sell bone-shaped cutters.
- Place on umgreased cookie sheets and bake in a 350-degree oven. Watch the first batch--ovens can vary. Depending on how crunchy you want these to be, you can bake them for up to 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. I get 3 dozen cookies using a 3" long bone cutter.