Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is SO delicious, even for those that don't like chicken livers (my Mom who loves this) and the 'non-curry' set (me!) It's easy and quick to prepare and a nice change from the 'regular fare'.
- 12 ounces chicken livers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- black pepper, fresh ground to taste
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- Clean and halve the chicken livers, cutting away the connecting tissue between the lobes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the livers about 7 minutes.
- To a blender, add the chicken broth, onion, curry, salt and flour. Cover and blend on high for 6 seconds only.
- Pour this broth mixture over the chicken livers, stirring continuously while bringing it to a boil.
- Stir in the cream (or evaporated milk - it will be less rich) and pepper to taste. Stir and cook over LOW heat about 2 minutes or til thickened.
- Best served over cooked basmati rice!
Real Good!!! Did not use blender,just wisked very well. Used evaporated milk ,worked great.