Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An old favorite, sometimes called roumaki. From The United States Regional cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cut livers in two, season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in saute pan and add livers; cook for one minute.
- Wrap each piece of liver in a strip of bacon and fasten with a toothpick.
- About ten minutes before serving, place bacon wrapped livers in a baking pan and broil until bacon is crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot, either with toothpicks or on a small square of toast.
Thank you for posting this recipe. I had these at a wedding in Savannah, GA about 25 years ago and have never forgotten how delicious they were !!! These are so good I could eat the whole pan, thanks!!