Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lower fat version of Chicken Tetrazzini. It's great for potluck or new mothers and just plain eating.
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted and divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups no-salt-added chicken broth, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat sour cream
- 1 lb linguine, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Sauté mushrooms in sherry and 1 Tbl margarine in a nonstick skillet over high heat 5 minutes.
- Place chicken in a saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes (or use equivalent amount of leftover chicken [or turkey]). Drain; let cool, and shred. Coat a saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add onion and sauté until tender.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup broth. Add 2 1/2 cups broth and flour mixture to onion. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Combine mushroom mixture, chicken, sour cream mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Stir in linguine.
- Spoon into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese and margarine; sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.