Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice and simple meal. Perfect for guests or family. Feel free to adjust all ingredients to personal taste.
- 1 lb ronzoni linguine (it really is the best for the price!)
- 2 cups diced mushrooms, your preference
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, salted and peppered on both sides
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Bring five quarts water to a boil and add one tbsp salt.
- Add pasta and cook until just al dente, about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to large sauté pan at medium heat.
- Add butter to melt.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and leeks and saute until soft.
- Add chicken thighs.
- Add wine and sherry, let thighs simmer for a few minutes and then turn over.
- Add milk and cream, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt and ground pepper.
- Simmer and let sauce reduce for about ten minutes.
- Turn chicken over one more time.
- Taste sauce and add sherry, salt, pepper etc. to your taste.
- After sauce is reduced and chicken is cooked through, serve over a scoop of noodles on each plate. One thigh per plate.