Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Recipes with cream sauces are a departure for me, but I really like this because it's not that "saucy" (it just coats the chicken and linguine) and the flavor is fabulous. It doesn't take long to prepare and it's a very satisfying dish with some salad or roasted asparagus spears. This will serve 2 for dinner with leftovers for someone's lunch the next day... ;o)
Top Review by Eileen D
This was very good. I roasted some asparagus, cut it into bite size pieces and mixed it in with the pasta and chicken. My husband thought peas would also work well. Next time I will try to use whole milk instead of half & half to cut down on the calories.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh minced oregano
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine in boiling salted water until al dente, usually about 12 minutes (see package directions).
- In a large skillet saute garlic, shallots and chicken together in butter and olive oil over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through and tender; do not let garlic brown.
- Add wine, salt and pepper; simmer together for about 3 minutes then whisk in flour.
- Stir in half& half, basil and oregano until heated through.
- Serve chicken over cooked linguine and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.