Recipe by Derf
Easy chicken noodle soup, good for the soul! (chicken parts can be used, all chicken drumsticks works well, frozen and skin removed, as in the photo, and use whatever veggies you have on hand.)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 2 medium carrots, cut in 1/4 inch diagonal slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, with leaves, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup broken dry linguine
- 1⁄4 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into pieces, remove skin, freeze until firm, arranged in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place veggies in the bottom of 4 quart.
- crock pot, top with frozen chicken pieces.
- Blend chicken broth, wine, soy sauce, Tabasco, ginger and salt, pour over chicken pieces, cover.
- Cook at low setting for 8 hours, remove chicken from bones, discarding bones and any fat, dice meat, return meat to pot, add dry linguine pieces and poultry seasoning, cook a further 30 minutes.