Recipe by Maito
This is yummy! Not sure where it came from. Times are estimated.
Top Review by MarraMamba
This was delicious, i made it for lunch and so easy. Loved the lime and heat. One change i made was subbing Dar Jeerah powder for the coriander and cumin seed which i did not have. Dar Jeerah is a fabulous indian spice 2 to 1 mix of ground cumin to coriander. Makes life easy when both are called for. Oh and bc its freezing here, i made this in the skillet then added a half tablespoon of butter and a couple of tablespoons of water to the left over pan and made a little sauce with the marinade.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Make spice mix: combine cumin seeds, peppercorns and coriander seeds in a skillet over medium heat. Toast until fragrant, a few minutes. Finely grind toasted spices. Transfer to a small bowl and add sugar and salt.
- Make lime mojo: combine all ingredients.
- Rub spice mix on chicken and place in a ziploc bag with lime mojo. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Barbecue (or bake) chicken until cooked through. Serve.