1/3 Photos of Chicken Lime and Cashew Nut Stir-fry
Great flavors and textures in this yummy, Asian stir-fry recipe. Vary the chilli heat according to your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces boneless chicken thighs, sliced into strips
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil (for example peanut or sunflower)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 coriander roots, scraped and finely chopped (cilantro)
- 1 hot red chile, finely chopped (remove the seeds and use less if you don’t like it too hot)
- 3 spring onions, sliced (green)
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (capsicum)
- 1 head bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 kaffir lime, zest and juice
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 ounces unsalted toasted cashew nuts
- 1Cook the noodles as per the instructions on the packet, drain and set aside.
- 2Heat a large wok to a high heat.
- 3Add a little of the vegetable oil to the wok, and when it is hot, stir-fry the chicken in batches until sealed and half-cooked.
- 4Return all the chicken to the wok, add the honey, and continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked and a rich golden colour.
- 5Add a little water to the wok, as necessary, just to prevent the chicken and honey from sticking.
- 6Remove the chicken and honey mixture from the wok and set aside while you cook the remainder of the dish.
- 7Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok and saute the ginger, garlic, coriander roots and chilli for about a minute.
- 8Add the vegetables and stir-fry over high heat until just tender.
- 9Add the pre-cooked noodles and saute for a minute or so before returning the chicken to the pan.
- 10Add the soy sauces, sesame oil, the lime zest and juice.
- 11Heat through and correct the seasoning, adding a little more honey if desired.
- 12Finally, stir through the fresh coriander.
- 13Serve with a scattering of cashews over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lime and Cashew Nut Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.8
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: