Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Here's and old standby I enjoy from time to time. It's from an old newspaper clipping I cut out years ago. Very tasty.
- 6 -8 lean pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can chicken rice soup, undiluted
- Dredge pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard and garlic powder.
- Brown in oil in a large skillet.
- Place browned pork chops in a crock pot.
- Add the can of soup, undiluted.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 3 1/2 hours).
I made this for dinner tonight and the chops were tasty and fork tender! If you are salt sensitive (I am not) I would cut back on the salt and look for low sodium soup. I couldn't resist adding a half cup of white wine and thicken the juices. This was excellent served with rice and chive buttered fresh carrots. For a simple meal that is hardy this is just the ticket!
Love this recipe... easy and the pork chops fall apart!! Added sliced carrots to the bottom of the crock pot and served over mashed potatoes. I also added more dry mustard and ground pepper to the flour mixture.
THANK YOU!! This recipe is to die for! MANY years ago I came across this recipe (for my crockpot) and prepared it frequently as it was such a hit. A thousand moves later & with recipes lost, I've been searching for this exact recipe!! It's on the menu tonight & I can hardly wait!!