Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend at work shared this recipe with a few co-workers. So far it has received rave reviews so I thought I post it and make it this weekend!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 large chicken breasts, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup canned tomato
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can sliced mushrooms or 1⁄2 cup fresh sliced mushroom
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Brown chicken with onions and garlic.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, broth and mushrooms.
- Simmer covered for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from sauce and keep warm.
- Blend corn starch with cream to make a smooth past and stir into sauce.
- Stir in remaining cream and simmer gently for 5 minute stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Served with hot noodles or rice.
I have been making this recipe for over 30 years, It was a favorite recipe for our children and now our grandchildren. I serve it with homemade noodles and always get rave reviews.
Great Recipe, have made this many times before