1/1 Photo of Chicken Lettuce Wraps Like Pf Changs - Copycat
I LOVE PF Changs Lettuce Wraps, but we live a long distance from the nearest of their restaurants. When I start craving their lettuce wraps, I make this copycat recipe, and my husband says they are even better than Changs. You be the judge. They are a little work, but well worth the effort. Note: I took the cellophane, heated about an inch of oil in a skillet, got it hot, tested it with a few crumbs of noodles to see if it would sizzle, and then dropped the noodles in. They crisp up very fast. I drained on papertowels and then mixed in with the other recipe,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms or 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons water
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 small dried chilies (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, minced
- 1 (2 ounce) package cellophane noodles, prepared according to package
- 1(If you used dried mushrooms, cover mushrooms with boiling water, let stand 30 minutes then drain.) Cut and discard woody stems from mushrooms. Mince mushrooms. Set aside.
- 2Mix all ingredients for cooking sauce in bowl, and set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, combine cornstarch, sherry water, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken. Stir to coat chicken thoroughly. Stir in 1 teaspoons oil and let sit 15 minutes to marinate.
- 4Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 TBSP oil, then add chicken and stir fry for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Add 2 TBSP oil to pan. Add ginger, garlic, chilies(if desired. I leave these out), and onion; stir fry about a minute or so.
- 6Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir fry an additional 2 minutes.
- 7Return chicken to pan. Add mixed cooking sauce to pan. Cook until thickened and hot. Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces, and cover bottom of serving dish with them. Then pour chicken mixture on top of noodles. Spoon into lettuce leaf and roll.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lettuce Wraps Like Pf Changs - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.7 mg
- Sodium 596.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 22.8 g