Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you take these to a party make sure to take copies of the recipe you will need them!
- 16 boston lettuce or 16 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce (Asian section of supermarket)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (I peal it, put it in the freezer then micro-plane keeps for a long time in freezer)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons asian chili pepper sauce (or use 1/8 teaspoon cayenne)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained, and chopped
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrot
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cook chicken in large skillet over medium heat, until brown, stirring often breaking up the meat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts, carrots, cabbage and green onions.
- Cook until onions and cabbage begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer edge of platter.
- Spoon meat mixture in center.
- Allow guest to spoon mixture into leaves and eat like a taco.
These were awesome...I really tried to find the water chestnuts...either there was a run on them or a recall...cuz the shelve was empty at two locations...I enjoyed all the flavors mixed together...I served them in butter lettuce and did cut back a bit on the sesame seeds...thanks for posting...made for Spring 2012 PAC.