A light, easy, and delicious combination of chicken and vegetables with a distinct oriental flavor. When I make this dish, I like to serve it with fried rice. Try Sue L.'s # 38748.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups roasted chicken, shredded
- 2 medium celery ribs, diced
- 3 -4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
SAUCE FOR FILLING
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chile sauce with garlic
- lettuce leaf, washed and dried
- 1Combine filling ingredients in medium bowl.
- 2Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- 3Pour sauce over filling and mix well.
- 4Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to a slow boil; whisking often until all of the ingredients have melted together. Cool to room temperature. If sauce gets too thick, thin with a little bit of milk.
- 5Top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture and top with peanut sauce.
- 6Roll shut (like a burrito!) and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 2282.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chile sauce with garlic