Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light, easy, and delicious combination of chicken and vegetables with a distinct oriental flavor. When I make this dish, I like to serve it with fried rice. Try Sue L.'s # 38748.
- 3 -4 cups roasted chicken, shredded
- 2 medium celery ribs, diced
- 3 -4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
SAUCE FOR FILLING
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chile sauce with garlic
- lettuce leaf, washed and dried
- Combine filling ingredients in medium bowl.
- Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour sauce over filling and mix well.
- Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat to a slow boil; whisking often until all of the ingredients have melted together. Cool to room temperature. If sauce gets too thick, thin with a little bit of milk.
- Top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture and top with peanut sauce.
- Roll shut (like a burrito!) and enjoy.