1/1 Photo of Chicken Lentil Soup With Kale
1 hr 25 mins
Chef #668331's Note:
Healthy, Hearty soup. The aroma while it's cooking is wonderful. I found this in a magazine, made a few changes. You'll love this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are nearly tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add broth, bay leaves and, if using, dried basil to vegetable mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in kale, lentils, salt and black pepper. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in chicken,tomato, and , if using, fresh basil. Simmer, covered, for 15-20 min more or until kale and lentils are tender.
- 5Remove bay leaves before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lentil Soup With Kale
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 327.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 21.5 g