Recipe by Boatgirl
Recipe came from Williams Sonoma Cookbook years ago. I love this recipe and so easy to make and so good!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 leeks
- 3 carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup lentils
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 skinless roasting chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- thinly slice leeks and saute in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced onions, carrots, and celery and saute till carrots are al dente.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- rinse lentils and add to vegetables with the chicken stock. add chicken.
- Cook over low approx 1 hour.
- remove chicken and take off the bone and add back to the soup.