Recipe by Sassy in da South
This recipe was given to me by a chef in a Chicago restaurant and I cant believe I dont remember which one. But it is just great! Preparation/Cooking time does not include marination time of 2 hours.
- 4 chicken breasts, on the bone
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (juice from 2 fresh lemons below)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 lemons (2 for slicing & 2 for juicing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly wash and dry all chicken pieces.
- Cut 2 lemons into round slices. (Use other 2 lemons for making lemon juice).
- Salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken meat side up in a glass casserole dish.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, parsley.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle some oregano all over chicken and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Turn the chicken over and sprinkle more oregano on top then refrigerate for about another hour.
- After the chicken marinates for a while place under the broiler for about 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken around and broil for about another 20 minutes while basting with the oil and juice mixture. Top with lemon slices.
- Towards the end watch carefully and try and get the skin of the chicken a nice crisp blackened look to it.
- Not burned but just enough to give it a great flavor.