1/5 Photos of Chicken Lemon Soup W/Rice and Vegetables
Very refreshing soup that can be served even in the summer. You can add more vegetables according to taste. I like to roast the chicken breast on a pan before adding to the soup, as I find it adds a bit more flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 1/2 carrots, diced finely
- 1 stalk celery, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh (or 1 tbsp dried)
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil and slowly cook onion, carrot and celery over medium heat for approx 8 min until soft.
- 2Add zest of lemon and rice.
- 4Add chicken broth and boil on low for approx 20 min until vegetables are tender.
- 5Add peas, chicken, lemon juice and parsley 5 minutes before serving.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lemon Soup W/Rice and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1334.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
boneless skinless chicken breasts