Recipe by JoyfulCook
A great Chicken Pie with with a lovely hint of lemon and a touch of Thyme giving the perfect blend with the vegetables. Easy to prepare ahead so all you have to do is pop on a pastry lid and bake in the oven, Served with creamy mashed potatoes and peas its real comfort food!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 750 g chicken thighs, boned, skinned and large chunks
- 1 carrot, large dice
- 1 leek, thick sliced, use only the white part
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3.69-4.92 ml thyme, dried
- 29.58 ml flour, plain
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 50 ml wine, white
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- frozen puff pastry, 1 large sheet
- 1 egg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- chicken meat into large dice. dust with the flour, using a plastic bag works well shaking off the excess. Chicken thighs have a better flavour than using breast.
- Using a skillet or large frying pan cook the chicken in the oil in two batches so that its sealed all over and slightly brown. Remove from the pan and put to one side.
- Heat up the frypan, adding a touch more oil if necessary. add the leek, garlic, carrot and the thyme cook for a couple of minutes then add the stock and the wine and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Place into a pie dish, and cover with the puff pastry, glaze with the beaten egg. Place in a preheated oven 190c and cook for 15-20 minutes until the pastry has risen and golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy.