Recipe by socholy
This recipe was given to me by a friend of mine and I think you will really like it! Good, Fast and Easy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 lb chicken, tender loins cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup coarsly chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bring broth, 3/4 cup water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil in a saucepan.
- In a 3 quart baking dish, combine chicken, orzo, feta, lemon zest, lemon juice, Pour broth over mixture and stir once to combine.
- Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, about 40 minute Sprinkle parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.