Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken. You can use chicken broth in place of the wine. Don't be tempted to add more liquid, the vegetables give off liquid too.
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add squash, onion, tomato, basil, marjoram, paprika and cayenne; mix well.
- Pour wine over all. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, adding water if liquid evaporates.