Simple, pretty fast and delicious.
Make and share this Chicken Legs in White Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken legs with thigh, attached about 2 3/4 lb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb small mushroom, cleaned
- 8 small white onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle the chicken legs with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold the legs in one layer. Add the pieces skin side down.
- Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the pieces and continue cooking, about 3 more minutes.
- Pour off the fat, add the flour and blend well for about 3 minutes more.
- Add the wine, broth, bay leaf, thyme and parsley.
- bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken, mushrooms and onions to a serving platter.
- Discard the bay leaf and the spring of thyme.
- Check the seasoning and reduce the sauce, if to thin.
- Stir in the butter and pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with some more parsley.