1/3 Photos of Chicken Legs in White Wine Sauce
Simple, pretty fast and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken legs with thigh, attached about 2 3/4 lb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb small mushroom, cleaned
- 8 small white onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Sprinkle the chicken legs with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold the legs in one layer. Add the pieces skin side down.
- 2Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
- 3Turn the pieces and continue cooking, about 3 more minutes.
- 4Pour off the fat, add the flour and blend well for about 3 minutes more.
- 5Add the wine, broth, bay leaf, thyme and parsley.
- 6bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Transfer the chicken, mushrooms and onions to a serving platter.
- 8Discard the bay leaf and the spring of thyme.
- 9Check the seasoning and reduce the sauce, if to thin.
- 10Stir in the butter and pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with some more parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Legs in White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.8
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 475.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: