Recipe by Rita~
Generously seasoned crisp legs. Be sure to Visit the grilling forum http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewforum.zsp?f=42 for any help!
Top Review by Witch Doctor
Simply SUPER! If using leg-thigh pieces with the skin ON, I always loosen the skin a bit and use my fingers to put a bit of the rub between the skin and the meat. Works great to get those flavors into the meat. Sous Chef Bently stated he/she had problems with charring. Instead of using regular white sugar, I ALWAYS use TURBINO sugar in my BBQ. Has a higher melting temperature and does not char. Gives a GREAT brown sugar taste, too! Turbino sugar used to be hard to find in stores but I think most of them are starting to carry it now. Look for "Sugar in the Raw"
- 4 chicken legs-thighs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a zip lock bag add chicken.
- Chill and marinade for 4 hours.
- Grill chicken on a well oiled grill until well browned on all sides, turning once, 30 to 40 minutes (meat near thigh bones should no longer be pink when tested with the tip of a knife).
- All grills are different temperatures.
- Take advantage of indirect heat --.
- If the chicken browns quickly finish over indirect heat.
- All grills have hot spots so watch and be sure to move the chicken to spots on the grill so not to burn and completely cook the chicken.
- As the time of the year makes grilling quicker or slower. So take care and watch and enjoy you food as it grills.
- Be sure to Visit the grilling forum http://www.food.com/bb/viewforum.zsp?f=42 for any help!