Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
I'm dreaming of summer and of making these wonderful chicken legs again. Adapted from an old Betty Crocker cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 4 chicken legs, separated into thighs and drumsticks
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Mix all ingredients except chicken pieces and pineapple; pour over the chicken, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken; reserve marinade.
- Grill chicken, bone sides down, 5-6 inches from medium coals for 15-20 minutes; turn chicken.
- Cover and grill, turning and brushing 2-3 times with reserved marinade, until chicken is done, 20-40 minutes longer.
- Serve with grilled pineapple.
- Grilled Pineapple: cut top off pineapple; cut lengthwise into 6 wedges; cut off pineapple core.
- Loosen fruit by slicing from the rind, but don't remove the rind.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup honey over fruit; let stand 1 hour.
- Grill pineapple, rind side down, 5-6 inches from medium coals until heated through, 20-25 minutes.