Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the good old way Gran and now my mum serves us chicken legs. Are very nice cold as well.
- 6 -8 chicken legs
- 1 egg (if you run out just use another)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (approx)
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Place breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Place lightly whisked egg on a bowl wide enough to dip chicken inches.
- Dip chicken in egg, then in breadcrumbs.
- Place in greased dish.
- Put in fridge for half an hour.
- Melt butter.
- Add lemon juice.
- Put a good spoonful over each piece of chicken.
- Continue basting till chicken is cooked.
- Bake at 40-45 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve with ketchup if you want and whatever side dishes you like.
I wanted to make something that was easy and very affordable with chicken. Not only was it what I easy but l thought it was very tasty.
My husband really seemed to like this. And my kids couldn't get enough. Very tasty. Thank you!
Cooked these today for Little Miss (DD) as she has been off her food and she needed something bland. She ate one drumstick but peeled off the skin. So next time I'm not adding the lemon. Cooked them at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes. Thank you Perfect Pixie.