Recipe by AlisVolatPropriis
This recipe is from the Australian Weight Watchers 'Secrets of Success' Cookbook. It was submitted by Kerry Lane, Australian Slimmer of the Year 2007, Lifetime Member Category Winner. There are 4 points per serve. Unbaked parcels are suitable to freeze.
- olive oil, spray
- 400 g chicken, mince lean
- 10 g canola margarine
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 100 g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 125 ml skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 6 sheets filo pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C Spray a baking tray with oil. Spray a large nonstick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Add mince, cook for 3 minutes or until browned lightly, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Remove Chicken from pan.
- Melt spread in same frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and mushrooms, cook, stiring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add flour. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stiring until smooth after each addition. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, stir in basil, cool.
- Cut filo sheets in half cross-ways. Spray each piece with oil. Stack 3 filo pieces together. Repeat with remaining filo to make 4 stacks. Place a quarter of the cooked chicken mixture in the centre of each filo stack. Fold pastry to enclose filling and make a parcel shape. Repeat with remaining filo stacks and chicken mixture. Place parcels on oven tray. Spray parcels with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.