Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A pretty balanced Casserole dish taste wise that is very quick and easy to make....for a creamier version add some milk or water. Also, this version does not make very much..3 small servings.
- 1 leek (white part only)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup instant rice
- 3 pieces boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut ends off of leeks and cut the white in 1 or 2 inch slices.
- Saute Leeks until tender, preferably in salted butter, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix rice and cream of mushroom soup.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and spread rice mix evenly.
- Place Chicken over rice evenly. If chicken is frozen you won't need extra water, but if chicken is not then you will need to add about a 1/4 cup of water or milk to compensate.
- Spoon Leeks over chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray (for lower fat) or spoon a teaspoons of butter over top of casserole. Butter really adds to this casserole.
- Place foil tightly over dish and put in the oven for 45 minutes.