Recipe by utahmomtotwo
We adapted this recipe from a recipe we saw online to make it lower in fat and calories.
Top Review by c.bc
A really yummy and suprisingly filling pie. Followed instruction exactly except that I also added 2 onion and some mushrooms with the leeks. Mustard sauce was fantastic, will definately cook again.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (mostly whites, some green)
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach chicken breasts in water seasoned with salt and pepper. Cool in the liquid, then cut in strips.
- Cut 1/4 cup margarine into flour and salt till it resembles coarse meal. Stir in yogurt just until dry ingredients are moistened. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Fry the leeks in margarine until soft. Stir in cheeses and parsley.
- Layer chicken and leek mixture in 9x11 inch pan.
- Mix mustard, flour, milk, salt and pepper; pour over pie.
- Roll out dough and place on top of pie; cut a slit for steam to escape. Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes.