Recipe by rolowill
I have a very large family and they eat A LOT!! One night they were wanting Chicken Enchiladas..I was too tired to even think about having to roll 24+ tortillas, so I came up with this.
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts (approx 2 cups)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 10 -15 corn tortillas
- 8 cups four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (or 32 oz. bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine *Chicken and Salsa, bake or crock-pot until cooked.
- Remove Chicken from juices. (save juices).
- **Shred Chicken, add approx 1/4-1/2 cp juice to keep chicken from being dry.
- Spread 1/4 cup of juice into 13x9 pan.
- Start to Layer: Dip tortilla(s) into leftover juice, place enough tortillas in pan to cover; sprinkle chicken on top, next cheese - continue to the top. The last layer should be cheese.
- Depending on how 'wet' you like your enchiladas, pour remaining juice on top.
- Cover with foil bake 350 for 20-30 minuets. Let stand 15 minuets.
- *Can be prepared frozen; however the cooking time will be longer.
- **Since the chicken is hot, I use a blender to chop it up.