Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Something a little different. Great paired with a salad for a light meal. I cheat and buy roasted chicken from the store's deli.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cheese or 2⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full with salted water and a bit of oil and bring to boil.
- Add one noodle,wait 2 minutes,add another.Cook only a few at a time for 6-7 minutes each.
- Remove cooked noodles and rinse in cold water after each one comes out-allow to drain.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and slice chicken into thin strips.
- Melt 1/2 of the butter in a small skillet and sautee mushrooms and chicken. (At this point,since I cheat,I add my already cooked chicken right before the mushrooms are finished.).
- In a small saucepan,melt the rest of the butter and stir in flour and cook for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the milk gradually,stirring well and returning the pan to the heat between additions,to thicken sauce.
- Beat the sauce well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken mixture and add 1/2 of the cheese.
- Mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Lay the lasagne noodles flat on a board and divide chicken mixture equally between them.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over each noodle and roll up lengthwise jellyroll style.
- Put the rolls in an oven proof dish seam side down.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and broil under a pre-heated moderate broiler until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
This recipe certainly didnt go as planned. And ended up being a normal layered lasagne. But still was yummy! I had to use mushrooms out of a tin which i think ruined the flavour of the dish a bit. But i will make this again and see how it goes. Ty MyDesiGirl
This was great... I added brocolli and layered the noodles as my were broken in the box, but it was excellent.. Will be making again.
Yum! We really enjoyed these! I did only make a half batch since there's only two of us, but it was easy enough to do. These aren't oozing with sauce inside, but the flavor is there in every bite! It would be easy enough to double the sauce and add extra, but we were fine with them as they were. I did use half swiss/half extra sharp cheddar for the cheese and wouldn't change a thing. We'll definitely enjoy these again, thanks for sharing! :)