Something a little different. Great paired with a salad for a light meal. I cheat and buy roasted chicken from the store's deli.
- Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full with salted water and a bit of oil and bring to boil.
- Add one noodle,wait 2 minutes,add another.Cook only a few at a time for 6-7 minutes each.
- Remove cooked noodles and rinse in cold water after each one comes out-allow to drain.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and slice chicken into thin strips.
- Melt 1/2 of the butter in a small skillet and sautee mushrooms and chicken. (At this point,since I cheat,I add my already cooked chicken right before the mushrooms are finished.).
- In a small saucepan,melt the rest of the butter and stir in flour and cook for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the milk gradually,stirring well and returning the pan to the heat between additions,to thicken sauce.
- Beat the sauce well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken mixture and add 1/2 of the cheese.
- Mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Lay the lasagne noodles flat on a board and divide chicken mixture equally between them.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over each noodle and roll up lengthwise jellyroll style.
- Put the rolls in an oven proof dish seam side down.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and broil under a pre-heated moderate broiler until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.