Recipe by Friends & Foodies
Roasted and shredded all-natural chicken breast layered with homemade fresh marinara sauce and rich White Wine Parmesan-herb Sauce. Topped with fresh Mozzarella & Provolone cheeses and nutty Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 28 ounces plum tomatoes, in sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch ground thyme
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne pepper, olive oil, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and run cold water over them to stop the cooking; pat dry.
- In a cup, stir a few tablespoons of cold water into the 3 tablespoons flour. Stir until a smooth paste forms.
- Place chicken broth and milk in a saucepan and heat. Add flour mixture to the liquid; add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in parsley. Continue to cook, stirring, until mixture is thickened and bubbling. Pour a thin layer of tomato mixture into a large 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles placed side-by-side. Add a layer of chicken; sprinkle some of the mozzarella cheese over chicken. Top with a layer of chicken broth white sauce. Add another layer of lasagna, more tomato sauce, another layer of chicken, mozzarella cheese, and white sauce; repeat until all ingredients are used or dish is full, finishing with a layer of lasagna noodles. Sprinkle chicken lasagna with the grated Parmesan cheese. Bake chicken lasagna at 375° for 25 to 35 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.