Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is healthy, but still rich and delicious.
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Spray a frying pan with nonstick spray and saute the onions, green pepper, and mushrooms until tender.
- Add the soup, milk, and chicken breast.
- In a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, layer:.
- 3 noodles.
- cottage cheese.
- 3 noodles.
- 1/2 of the chicken sauce.
- chedder cheese.
- second 1/2 of the chicken sauce.
- parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
So yum .I accidentally bought cottage cheese with pineapple, but I threw tat in anyway and it added an extra delicious zing!
We had this last night, and I have to agree that there was not enough sauce to make 3 layers. When I saw how little the sauce looked in the pan, I added my leftovers from Easy Chicken Gravy. This made enough sauce. I did add a little mozzerella with the cheddar as well. It was quite tasty. Firmed up after about 15 minutes resting time, and tasted better the more it cooled. Thanks for posting.