I have to admit that I usually do not like to cook with "cream of" soups, but my family likes this so much that I make an exception. I would be interested in knowing if your little kiddies like it because my younger brother and sister (who never like to try anything new and under normal circumstances hate spinach) love it.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with non-stick spray (or use one of those slow cooker bags and coat that). Break noodles as necessary.
- Spread 1/3 of spinach mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup mozzarella.
- Layer 3 more noodles, half of remaining spinach mixture, and 2/3 cup mozzarella.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles, the rest of the spinach mixture, and the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on high; reduce heat to low and cook 5 hours or until pasta is done. (You may be able to just cook on low for 6 hours, I dont know.).
- Serve with a green salad and some cheese or garlic bread.
my younger kids love this! good blend of spinach an dchicken and the noodles turned out perfect in the slow cooker.
I was impressed this cooked in the crockpot, a cool idea. Something about this recipe didn't work for us though, the texture was a little mushy, and it was a little too creamy for our tastes. Tastes a bit like tuna noodle casserole but with chicken maybe. I think the recipe itself works, it just didn't suit our tastes. My 3 year old didn't care for it, but that could be just because there was something green in it!