Recipe by purple raider
Cooked in the microwave. This makes two casseroles; one can be frozen for later use. Prep time is time to make fillings and assemble dish. Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Great recipe! The only thing I changed was to use shredded chicken breast, then followed the recipe right on down, which, in spite of the long list of ingredients & the detailed preparation, actually came together rather easily! Thanks for sharing this very nice keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 5 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (Kraft roasted red pepper Italian with parmesan recommended)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 flour tortillas, 10-inch (burrito)
- 16 ounces muenster cheese slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Roma tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, oregano, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine egg, ricotta, sour cream and romano cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Sprinkle oregano, garlic powder and paprika over chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring, until browned on all sides.
- Add onion and cook until beginning to soften.
- Stir in Italian dressing and salsa.
- Cook, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease two 2-quart microwave-safe baking dishes, or two 8" square microwave-safe baking dishes.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 10 seconds to make them pliable.
- Spoon some of the ricotta mix on a tortilla and spread to about 1/2 inch from edge.
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture on top of the ricotta.
- Sprinkle on some of the shredded cheeses.
- Roll up into a burrito.
- Place in one of the baking dishes.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas; each baking dish should hold 5 burritos.
- Top with slices of Muenster cheese.
- Casseroles may be covered and frozen at this point. Thaw before proceeding.
- To cook, place casserole in microwave and cook on high for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until cheese is melted and burritos are heated through.