Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Surprise them with Chicken Lasagna and they may never eat any other kind again!!
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook lasagna, using the package directions.
- Drain well.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Combine soup, chicken broth and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Drain any excess liquid from cottage cheese.
- Combine with cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in a large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 minutes or until blended and smooth.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, olives and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Layer lasagna noodles, cream cheese mixture, chicken and soup mixture 1/2 at a time in a lightly greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Definitely a different kind of lasagne... We found this very filling, & did not even add the cream cheese! Subbed spinach for olives to sneak in some greens. Thanks for posting!
This was FANTASTIC! I had to sub crm of mushroom soup and go without the peppers and olives. my kids, husband and in-law's all loved it! Thanks!
This was fabulous (like all the rest of your recipes, M.A.!). I made the recipe exactly as posted except to leave out the green pepper (DH!) and it was positively delicious. Plus, I was able to assemble this the day before, refrigerate overnight, and then bake the next evening for dinner (just increase the baking time by 10-15 minutes). DH said "this is REALLY good" and that is HUGE praise from him!! Thanks for another keeper, Marie Alice!