Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had search online for a recipe for chicken lasagna that used a white sauce instead of the traditional marinara sauce. I could not find what I wanted, so I winged it!!!! It was a great success and this recipe is easily adjusted to dinner for 1,2,3, or more... this recipe was for 3, in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- 8 -10 lasagna noodles
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Prepare lasagna noodles as directed by package.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Take chicken breast and cut them length wise to strips.
- Heat oil in skillet to medium temperature.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook until no longer pink, but do not over cook. Break up chicken into pieces. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, empty can of cream of mushroom, add heavy whipping cream and whisk in all other ingredients.
- Taste is your preference.
- Remove once thickened.
- Now just layer. Start with some sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- Next layer noodles, more sauce, chicken, and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, making sure your top layer is noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Place 4 inches under broiler, and broil about 2 mins until cheese is bubbling and has a golden crust forming.
- Remove and let set about 5-10 minutes before serving.