Recipe by piseag
I adapted this from a few recipes I found around the web. This is a nice alternative to your typical lasagna.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a skillet and then saute bell pepper and onion until softened and onion is just starting to brown. Remove from pan.
- Fry mushrooms in the same skillet until softened. Remove from pan, add to onions and peppers.
- Fry ground chicken until cooked through. Add vegetables, cans of soup and milk. Heat until starting to bubble. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan, place three noodles. Layer 1/3 of the chicken mixture, 1/3 of the cottage cheese then 1/3 of the mozzarella on top of the noodles. Repeat twice more.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes until bubbly and heated all the way through. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.