Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great twist on the beef lasagna. Has a great creamy sauce! This also can be made ahead just add and extra 10-15 minutes to baking time.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cooked chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons basil (I use sweet basil)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 6 -7 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium low. In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and basil. Once butter has melted, stir in flour mixture then add chicken broth. Stir frequently until thicken and comes to a slow boil. Remove from heat and add chicken.
- Mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and egg together.
- Place 1/3 of the chicken mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with half the noodles and half the cheese mixture. Repeat layers ending with the last third of the chicken mixture. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
5 stars from fussy BF. 5 from me too! Used 1 cup wine 2 cups stock. Added artichokes. <br/>Used fresh basil. Yummy!