Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful new take on Lasagna. I love it and make it quite often. It takes a little time to make but well worth it in the end. Great recipe for leftover chicken! It can also be made ahead of time just cook for 15-30 minutes longer.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons basil (I use sweet basil)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 -7 lasagna noodles
- parmesan cheese
- Boil chicken for about 20 minutes or until done. Also boil noodles at same time. While chicken and noodles cook prepare cheese mixture. In a bowl combine cottage cheese, egg and mozzarella cheese, set to the side. In a small bowl combine flour salt and basil, you will need this a little later.
- Once the chicken is done, shred or dice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Drain noodles when done.
- In a large saucepan melt butter on medium low. Once melted add flour mixture and stir till combined. Add chicken broth and stir. Turn up heat to medium keep stirring until thick and comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add chicken.
- Place a third of the chicken mixture in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with half the noodles then half the cheese mixture. Repeat layers ending with Chicken mixture. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.